SPIRIT-IN-FORM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on the concept of immortality

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on the concept of immortality Empty Thoughts on the concept of immortality

Post  Admin Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:40 am

Immortality is one of those subjects that is slowly coming to the service in terms of the possibilities. Main stream view this is techniques in life extension through various scientific studies. But on the other side of this is the natural progression of consciousness and awareness of self in a body. And again immortality is not about escaping death or fear of death but really more about an evolution in in ones consciousness that allows the physical body to evolve along with such growth. This is more about a movement into new concepts or alternate concepts of reality.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spiritinform.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the concept of immortality Empty Re: Thoughts on the concept of immortality

Post  hrld11 Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:23 pm

The more I learn, the more I think that what we don't know and haven't done is infinite. What we have done and do know is nothing in comparison to the infinite number of things to learn and do.
Science says that the language of 90% or more of the brain is in images. That doesn't sound quite right. I suspect that the whole brain communicates with the smaller thinking part of the brain with images and it adds symbols, translating them into the closest words we have in our vocabulary as needed.
The non verbal part of the mind has a picture of reality that is far superior to our verbal part. I see that as our authentic self and I see it as connected, through the senses, to the universe. I don't think we know all the connections yet, but they get translated into the five senses that we do know of anyway.
Intuition and common sense have valid definitions. Science and philosophy have had to distinguish them as empirical, intellectual or philosophical intuition and common sense the sense that is common to us all, the sense of what makes sense and what is alien to our very being and all our experience, even if we are not consciously aware of those intuitions.
Emotions, Emotional Intelligence in sports and other areas of Emotional Intelligence, helps us connect to our rational intuition and the non verbal mind. Behind emotions and feelings are thoughts. Negative emotions indicate irrational thoughts and other issues that we need to deal with, so we need to learn about emotions to function properly.
Everything is connected, if only by analogy. The rule applies to the body. Emotions are connected to words, images, thoughts, ideas, physical sensations and everything else. Aristotle and many, if not most, great minds have said that we can't think without intuition. For instance, Einstein said that he wasn't a genius, but that he just used his intuition and the knowledge he had of his subject, theoretical physics. The Neuroscience of emotions (youtube) also shows that we can't remember or think well without emotions and, by extension, Emotional Intelligence.
Longevity seems to connect to a harmony in the whole body, including the mind. Longevity also connects with our interest in life. W. E. B. Debois, when he died at a hundred, had another hundred years of work and study on his desk. We seem to live as long as we are interested in life and it's infinite wonders.
My understanding is that science is saying, intuition is the secret to the genius that we all have inside, especially in the areas we are knowledgeable in. If we understand philosophical or rational intuition, it connects us with all the compassion and joy within ourselves that is our natural birthright. When it becomes well known how to use emotions and intuition properly, it doesn't seem there are any limits to what we can do in conjunction with the universe and our higher power.

hrld11

http://hbar12.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the concept of immortality Empty Re: Thoughts on the concept of immortality

Post  Anders Sat May 01, 2010 6:46 am

I do believe that when humanity evolves our physical bodies will also change. It may be that our current body is just a first step of moving up from the animal kingdom and that there is essentially an unlimited potential for how much our bodies can evolve along with reaching higher levels of awareness.

Another thing that may happen is that technology will become blended with our biology. I don't mean like brain chip implants and other things like that. I mean when technology becomes very small-scale and advanced it can create what scientists call 'intelligent matter', so that even our atoms in our bodies could become intelligent.

Anders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum