SPIRIT-IN-FORM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path to the Temple of Secrets

3 posters

Go down

Path to the Temple of Secrets Empty Path to the Temple of Secrets

Post  SpiralOut Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Something I've come across from a book I'm currently reading and like to share......study

Path to the Temple of Secrets
[from Magic: The Principles of Higher Knowledge by Karl Von Eckarthausen, 1788]

The Temple of Secrets is located on a high mountain, and everywhere thorns are covering the path leading to the Temple. The inconceivable, mysterious height of the mountain is the reason why many people doubt the existence of the Temple of Secrets. Some think of it as a Fairy Tale, some consider it an old Myth and others believe it to be the Truth.

At the entrance of the narrow path stands Ignorance, with her sisters Stupidity and Laziness, and they tell awful tales to the travelers and of horrible adventures the travelers will encounter if they set foot on this path. That is how lazy Human Beings and fearful Human Beings can easily be persuaded to turn back.

There are a few Human Beings on which ignorance attempts her deceptions in vain. They climb up the first part of the thorny steep path, and when they are about half way up the mountain, they reach a plateau on which they find the Temple of Self-Love. Next to this Temple stands Self-Conceit, Pride and Know it-All and they offer the traveler a cup, out of which he drinks his own Self in great gulps and thereby becomes intoxicated with himself, with his own "I."

These travelers then become so intoxicated with themselves that they imagine that their Temple, the Temple of Self-Love is the Temple of Secrets and there is nothing, but nothing, above them. The inscription on this temple, the Temple of Self-Love, reads as follows: The Sanctuary of the Wisdom of the World.

Desires, passions and wantonness are the servants of these priests. However, those whose heart searches for the truth will not find any satisfaction with this and they will keep on searching.

A few thousand steps from this Temple you will find a very secluded little hut, inhabited by a hermit, with the following inscription above the door: The Residence of Humility.

The man who lives here guides the strangers to the residence of humility, which in turn leads them to Self-Recognition. This Divine Beauty becomes the traveler's companion, and with her, he conquers the inaccessible mountain. Whosoever tries to reach the Temple of Secrets without this Divine Beauty can very easily be misled by his Self-Love, and as a result, will follow the wrong path. His greed for knowledge will lead him to the Temple of Curiosity. The inhabitants of this Temple are: fraud, seduction and deception, the founders of most of the secret societies, and those Human Beings who , in search for the Truth and for the Temple of Secrets will, if they join these Secret Societies, be robbed of the ability to see with their Soul. They are then led to the top of the mountain, where they fall into the abyss or into the labyrinth or maze, in which they will walk in circles for eternity without finding the Truth.

Humility alone is the best guide. This alone will lead the seeker to the Master of Teachers of all secrets. This Master Teacher is the PURE WILL. This pure will becomes the friend of the highest of knowledge and they enter into a bond of eternal union.

The knowledge of the effects of the Eternal Light of godliness in all created beings is True Magic in Theory. The conception of this Light, or the transition from the intellect to the will, is True Magic in Practice. [Von Eckarthausen, Magic: The Principles of Higher Knowledge, 1788]
SpiralOut
SpiralOut

http://www.myspace.com/bguenther

Back to top Go down

Path to the Temple of Secrets Empty Re: Path to the Temple of Secrets

Post  Admin Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 pm

I love this story...
Humility alone is the best guide. This alone will lead the seeker to the Master of Teachers of all secrets. This Master Teacher is the PURE WILL. This pure will becomes the friend of the highest of knowledge and they enter into a bond of eternal union.
Yes, yes, oh my goodness, I know this to be so true. I have been put through the mill on this one. Its funny but once you realize that it matters no your status in life, or who thinks you are beautiful or who you must impress. or who you can out debate etc, you realize that none of it matters...who cares! We don't have to prove anything to anyone and in so doing we don't have to convince anyone. Its all about you and what you own to be your truth...that's where it counts. In the end its all about you. Beautiful story!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spiritinform.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hrld11 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:42 pm

Personally, I find that if I try to climb the mountain, I get all tangled up. Maybe it's not all a conscious thing. If I just keep working on my spirituality at home, I find the mountain comes to me or I suddenly and naturally find myself outside in the light. All the work I do is just to understand truth and attitude, or just all the basics we find in most traditions; love, compassion, service, forgiveness, thankfulness and the like. Enlightenment seems to be just getting in the door. Then all the fun starts. Enlightenment seems to be an ongoing thing, from enlightenment to enlightenment, wonderment to wonderment, glory to glory, not a one time experience that fits all, any more than we eat one meal of meals for all time.

hrld11

http://hbar12.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum