SPIRIT-IN-FORM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resonance, Truth and Illusion

+3
andredafonseca
Admin
SpiralOut
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Resonance, Truth and Illusion - Page 2 Empty To be asleep /blind is like being on autopilot

Post  Admin Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Knightowl, thanks for those key points as well. I am always speaking about the autopilot process which is where most people are. It is so great to see these kinds of posts stirring deep thought. Three years ago I had a Forum up on this site and I had to take it down. I cannot even begin to tell you what it turned into. Tons of New Agers spewing fantasy filled stories that caused great confusion to those who were truly seeking to expand. I realize that everyone is taking in what they need but for me I choose not to be a supporter of the disempowerment that was being injected into seeking minds. So thank you!

"If one is not "Self aware" of oneself how can you become aware of what is around you. To be asleep /blind is like being on autopilot. When we walk down the street one leg goes before the other and propels us along as the arms swing perhaps?"
YES, YES!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spiritinform.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Resonance, Truth and Illusion - Page 2 Empty Agree- great post-oh those "programs"

Post  Admin Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi Aquamantar,

Great post indeed! Lots of food for thought. Yes, yes...I love it!! It is sooo beautiful to hear from people who really do get it. I am so glad that you mentioned the tip about resonance. There is always an individual that will have a resonance with the most extreme, actions, beliefs etc. Of course this is their validation for doing a great many things...lots of atrocities in the name of some sort of religion or spiritual belief with no foundation to support it. Truth is such a relative experience because when anyone believes in their position very strongly they will die or kill to uphold their truth. Yet to that individual it is the ultimate truth. It is gospel. It is the reason why I do not attempt to convince anyone or challenge their truth. When people or an individual is in a space where he/she is yearning for deeper knowledge and they appear at my door to engage in what I might be saying then that individual is self governing in wanting to hear what I have to say. Otherwise it falls on deaf ears of course until the individual has arisen to question the limited scope or fabric by which his/her truth hangs. Until then his/her reference point of resonance is going to be based on the limited perceptions stemming from the programming and indoctrinations exposed to over the course of his/her life. Thanks so much for pointing that out...I am delighted experience who you are.

Well lets not speak about the "New Age" stuff I have been speaking about that for years and I am sure there are many who thought that I was crazy...good to see I am in fine company! bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spiritinform.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Resonance, Truth and Illusion - Page 2 Empty x

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:13 pm

x

Last edited by Knightowl on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Resonance, Truth and Illusion - Page 2 Empty Resonance, Truth and Illusion

Post  SpiralOut Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi,

I just came across recently to the work of Sonia Barrett and spiritinform. Having watched some vids and read some articles, it reflects much of what I've realized and found out over the years as well. I like her style of presenting it too. Good work!
I don't know where to post this, but there a couple of things I like to address and give some food for thought, which most people in the "conspiracy" world and "New Age" arena hardly address or haven't even looked into.
One is about the whole idea that one should just take in information that "resonates" with one without looking into the idea of "resonating" in more depth and how it actually can be deceiving and a trap in itself, where resonating becomes more like emotional wishful thinking (from the false self/ego) or validating one's (programmed) belief system rather than true recognition from the true self.

What is truth , what are lies, what is disinfo, what is really going on in the world?

In this overwhelming sea of information, especially in this day and age, where lies and truth are mixed like water and milk, it seems hard at times to really see/know what is going on, as it is.
We are conditioned with beliefs from society, education, government, religion, media, parents and teachers. It's a world where the blind teach/follow the blind and the programming/conditioning is deep and far reaching. Most folks don't even realize how strong the conditioning is and defend/repeat beliefs/world views which have been memorized/learned over decades/centuries but were never questioned.

Then there is the new age field and the "love and light" crowd who have developed a similar mindset as the fundamental religious crowd based on blind belief, very gullible to anything that "sounds" good and is "positive" and many folks justify the truth of something just because it "resonates" with them. Well, for the Fundamental Christians or Arabic religious people, what is written in the bible/koran, very much "resonates" with them as well, even in the literal sense and we know the danger of such blind beliefs.
That is not to say that we shouldn't trust our inner gut and feelings, however, one needs to be careful and very (self)-aware, where this "resonance" is coming from. Is it reflecting our conditioned mind set and patterns of wishful thinking and beliefs we have, or does it go deeper than that and strikes through our conditioning, even if it is something we don't "like" to see, is against our belief system, but it may be the truth, objectively, as it is?
Interesting to note that some people do not truly understand the meaning of "love and light", some even think of light as a literal bright light, when in the true sense it means gaining knowledge on the path to Illumnination, not just imagining balls of light .
Denial and Ignorance seem to be the true "enemies" of our time and you can see it anywhere, not only in the "average" joe/jane but many folks who claim to be "aware" and "spiritual" have these patterns of subjective "tunnel vision".

We must not forget our logical mind and need for critical thinking. Science is mostly based on the logical mind and the five sensory world, leaving no room for "higher" knowledge. New Age material is at times just based on wishful thinking, assumption and blind belief without using logic or critical thinking for discernment.
What is needed is both, intuition and logic, the left and right brain working in harmony and balance, truly understanding the self and gaining self-knowledge, understanding one's conditioning, thought patterns, belief systems, where they came from and what they are, looking deep within oneself, doing "the work" to become a free thinking individuals with true free will, not a machine who just acts out of conditioning and is a victim of external influences, being in a self-inflicted prison her or she are not even aware of. Gurdjieff talks about that in his conversations with Ouspensky in the classic "In the Search of the Miraculous":

"You don't realize your own situation. You are in prison. All you can wish for , if you are a sensible man, is to escape. But how escape? Man must first realize that he is in prison. So long as he fails to realize this, so long as he thinks he is free, he has no chance whatsoever. No one can liberate him by force, against his will, in opposition to his wishes. If liberation is possible, it is possible only as a result of great labor and great efforts, and, above all, of conscious effort, towards a definite aim.
A man must first of all understand certain things. He has thousands of false ideas and false conceptions, chiefly about himself, and he must get rid of some of them before beginning to acquire anything new. Otherwise the new will be built on a wrong foundation and the result will be worse than before.
To speak the truth is the most difficult thing in the world; one must study a great deal and for a long time in order to speak the truth. The wish alone is not enough. To speak the truth one must know what the truth is and what a lie is, and first of all in oneself. And this nobody wants to know."
Without self-knowledge objective research is limited, as one will get caught up in one's own subjectivity, not being able to see things as they are, not as one would like them to be according to preference/denial based on a personal belief system.

As the late comedian Bill Hicks used to say:"A belief is just that: a belief. It doesn't necessarily mean it is true."
SpiralOut
SpiralOut

http://www.myspace.com/bguenther

Back to top Go down

Resonance, Truth and Illusion - Page 2 Empty Re: Resonance, Truth and Illusion

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2